Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I love my kids

Ugh I just do.  They just charm my socks off without even trying.  Mary was so sweet today with Lucy and kept asking to hug her or hold her.  She went down for her naps like a little angle.  Aking to get "comfy-cozy" under her blanket and smiling off into her little cocoon excitedly as I kissed her cheek goodnight.  What a doll.  She can read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" all by herself.  She puts up with a lot from Holland who for the first time today declared that she would be Minnie while Mary would be Mickey- and so a childhood of playing the prince to Hollands princess begins:)  Oh my goodness those girls.  Lucy is just a sweetheart.  She's very tender and just has a sort of deeper way about her.  You can tell she's taking everything in.  She's just a darling.  She's also getting so big!  She's 7 months now and eating and sitting up and she broke two teeth (Mary didn't break any until she was a year old) and she's just pretty pleasant.  The older girls love her so much.  Mary will ask to have baby Lucy Rock-a-bye her before she goes down for a nap, and then we have to rock-a-bye Mary on the floor near lucy.  It's so funny.  Holland is my darling passionate child.  She is so. excited. about. everything.  Waking up, eating, playing, getting dressed, seeing friends, babysitters, daddy, and on and on.  She loves coloring and loves peanut butter like nothing else.  She's my cuddlebug and I never want her to grow up.  I would love to freeze her right as she is and cuddle with her forever.  I love dancing with them.  I love singing with them.  I love reading to them while they nonchalantly lean into me. They are just a fun bunch.  We are stuck inside for a lot of the winter here and part of me doesn't really mind because I just get to be in their little world all day.  There is something great in living in that little world scheduled around naps and story time and filled with little blocks and pretend food and just cozying up on each other and listening to music all day without a care in the wold beyond doing little people laundry.  Even their laundry is cute.  It's just true.

1 comment:

Heather Allebes Phillips said...

I'll just keep reading this over and over until you make another post. Love you Madison and love those three little girls!