Tuesday, October 19, 2010

25

I am the worst blogger. mainly because I don't think anyone would be interested in reading it and face book is easier to post pictures on. But, I am a big enjoy-er of my friends and family's blogs so I am going to try and change my ways and post more regularly.

Last month, I turned 25. Let's see what I thought life would be like when I first entered college at 17:

By now I was supposed to "have 5 children, married to my High School Crush,  and have a masters in PoliSci."

That was the life plan that did not go as planned. Oh well:)

Instead I am newly married to Evan Fitzpatrick and have friends who have fancy graduate degrees and actually none of my friends have five kids. So I guess it's a mixed bag.

I can say that at 25 I do get to travel and do fun things with a cool guy and that is fun. And here in DC, i get to ride my bike and play tennis and go sailing and stuff like that. And I got 3 skirts on final clearance from Anne Taylor the other day which made me very happy.

So far 25 is great. I still like making plans for the future that may or may not some true. Drives Evan crazy sometimes cause he is in the habit of actually achieving any goal he makes and thinks i will be disappointed. I just like to plan and then get surprised. But I will try to be more realistic:)

So, by 30:

I hope to have some kids
Make a mean chocolate pastry
Have drapes from Pottery Barn (or similar)
Be good at painting
Play at least 5 cool songs on the guitar
Convince Evan to let me paint my walls my favorite color of army green.
Help with/ Attend many weddings (you know who you are!)
Resist all impulses to cut my hair short
Figure out a way to not have a voicemail option on my phone
Be a good sister and friend and wife


We shall see! I am going to work on the Pastries this week, so i will update with details of that adventure!

6 comments:

Shenna said...

maybe you should start with just painting 'one' wall army green - instead of 'wallS'...might be easier for Evan to handle...LOL!!

Anna said...

I love your blog photo at the top. Also, come visit me and make me chocolate pastry. We'll eat pastry and chat, oh the good times we'll have :)

NEC said...

Hey! Keep updating. I owe you a phone call.

Merritt and Heather said...

Madison, Love you post. Try and do one a week. Let us know how the chocolate pastry turns out.

Merritt and Heather said...

..Oh and by the way. The new photo is much better than the old one which I took at the court house in Bernilillo when you were getting your marriage license.

Cara said...

Love your goals before 30! I'll help you paint that room!! That would be fun! What does he have against that color?? :)